Saturday, March 29, 2014

What my work for P: Hope looks like!

Project Hope, I mean.

(And this marks the first time I'm using my own images! Screenshots, of course, but who cares?!)

This is - you guessed it - my outline for my April novel for Camp Nano! It's not much - about six pages of rough notes - but it gets the job done, at least as a place to start working off of. There are still gaps in my plot, but they can be worked out within the next few days. April starts in those few days, can you believe it?! It's a good thing that I have Monday off from school, because I will need the time to plan!

So what is Project: Hope about? As you might've seen in a previous post, this is a sequel to another of my projects - basically, it's "remember all of the stuff from last time? Now add civil war. CRAP." That's the easiest way to explain it without major spoilers, but it's much more complex, I promise. There are at least three dead parents, some personal - and impersonal - grieving, war, discrimination, and - to quote the priest from The Princess Bride - TWOO WUVE.

So what else is smashed into this document? Let me show you!

(You might've noticed, at this point, that I use a very old version of Microsoft: Word. Don't mind that. Personally, I like this version, because it doesn't have many bells and whistles.)

(You might be able to notice that as the notes go further and further down, the more unhinged and dislocated sense it begins to make. Let's just say I'm very . . . familiar . . . with these characters.)

(See what I mean by "unhinged"? And yes, I do dislike Ms. Rudolle. She's probably going to die. And I will enjoy the act of killing her off.)

So clearly, I have a lot of work to do, but I also think that what I have so far is fantastic - if I absolutely had to, I could start working off of this alone. I go back and forth between being a plotter and a pantser; one of my projects from earlier this year, Project: Assassin, had a balance between planning and pantsing that I really enjoyed, although part of the reason it was so successful, I think, was because it was basically an anthology. Perhaps when I'm less busy, I'll post an excerpt from the work - I'm very proud of it, and as long as you're willing to put up with some lack-of-context issues, it's a good read. It's a long read, but it's a good read nonetheless.

Anybody else out there in the void who's busy scribbling away? Join me! I'd love to see what you're working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment